Tuesday, August 31, 2010

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!‏

YAHOOO!!!!!! That's what I yell anytime I veer into traffic while riding my bike as my companion trys to keep up with my insane actions. We haven't died yet and I've never felt more comfortable in my life than when I'm in the suicide lane gingerly waiting to go as cars fly by me. Yay! Life on a bike is fun, and though the opening to this paragraph may seem otherwise due to my lack of coordination I am actually a very safe biker.

This week has been fantastic. We are really touching the hearts of everyone we meet. I love it so much. The people here are amazing. Members, non members, maybe members, hobos, whoever they are all soooooo good. I'm in a very splendid mood this morning so I hope you enjoy this incredibly enthusiastic entry of my mission life. Yay. We've seen a lot of miracles.

Last week we set another baptism date. I was by myself with someone preparing to go on their mission. We knocked on the door and the person we were looking for was not there. That made me sad but her mom was there and I asked if we could share a message with her. She agreed. We taught her the first lesson(well mostly me on my own). It was strong as I recited Joseph Smith's vision. As we talked I asked her to be baptized on the 25th and she agreed! And then she came to church and loved it staying for all 3 hours. Woah, I know I hadn't even met her before. Maybe a wave but not a whole lot more. Score one for the good guys!

We had some really good meetings with the people we are teaching and I feel that things are about to explode here. There are so many miracles on the way.The members are excited about missionary work too. I remember talking to a lady who is an active member my first night and she kind of blew us off. The other night we talked to her again and she was excited to see us. She told of the difference I had made here and of that everyone was starting to get excited about missionary work! They said they had never seen an Elder who talks to everyone he meets and invites them to learn more about the gospel. They said I was sincere and that I had the respect of a lot of people here. That was way cool. Considering what it was like when I got here. When it just me on my own. I spent a lot of nights praying for help and looking for miracles and I feel he's provided that for us.

I don't know what will happen this week. Transfers are nigh and for the first time in my mission I can honestly say I have no idea what is happening but regardless of what happens I know it will all work out! Love you bye!

Love, Elder Caywood



















No comments:

Post a Comment