Monday, February 28, 2011

A Week of Faith...‏

Well I'm not going to sugar coat it, we had a hard week, and I feel that Elder Hill and I's faith was tried. We had a lot of appointments fall through though we still managed to teach a decent amount of people. We have the potential of having 7 baptisms this month which would mean a lot. It doesn't matter when it happens in all honesty but there's nothing quite like going out with a bang!(but it's a little selfish) I'm going to give everything I've got to help the work move forward. I'm working hard, and the work here can be a little hard at times and yet there are so many miracles that still happen. There's so many people who still extend a helping hand. There will always be people to invite unto Christ. Though my faith may be tried, I'm not going to give up, I'm just going to run harder and faster and do everything in my power to help. Elder Hill is in the same boat, we support each other a lot. I don't know what I'm going to do without a companion around me all the time to support me and make things better, I've learned to rely on that quite a bit in my mission. I've learned a lot of things that I'm going to apply for the rest of my life.

Let's see as for the week... Tuesday went well, we taught an investigator that we hadn't seen in a while. She comprehends a lot and it honestly caught me off guard, she is reading a little and she's grasping it but she is still hanging on to a lot of old ways. It's hard for her to make the connection( if this is true you should probably do something). Wednesday was primarily a day for less actives and recent converts, not a whole lot of progress, I think I ate something that day that made me feel a little under the weather... Thursday we had a lot of good lessons. We went over the baptismal interview questions with Ethan and he's ready to go, we just need to find out if his dad is going to baptize him or if someone else is. I'll let you know, but I love that family so much! Taught Amanda and Buck that night as well doing the same thing that we did for Ethan, she's set to go for her baptism. She is so rock solid it isn't even funny. I mean it amazes how much faith she has. She is definition in my opinion of the gospel blessing her life. Their wedding was on Saturday, it was out of the mission so we couldn't go (though I hear it was pretty awesome, Buck and Amanda were on horse back). We went to the reception though and it was marvelous to see the light they had, I'm excited for Saturday.

Saturday was a little slow but we're beginning to see a lot of progress, in the wards. The work still fluctuates but the wards are starting to capture the vision and I feel that they know that big changes are around the corner. I'm sad I don't get to see it in full blossom but when it happens it's going to be beautiful. I feel the Spirit when I say that. It's all about believing it's possible that miracles though in a different form still occur today. I sang in the 8th ward, and I felt that I did pretty good. I'm getting less and less nervous about singing in front of people. Talking is no problem, but my knees are still a little feeble when I have to sing a solo. I'm excited for the week coming up.

Well I guess I can't scoot around this anymore... Saturday when we checked the mail there was a rather beefy envelope in there from the mission office. It had everything in there possible that could stab a Full time missionary right in the heart. I'll be flying out of Phoenix on the 5th of April at 10 AM, I'll be arriving in Salt Lake at about 1 pm their time and will end up in Colorado Springs at about 3:30 pm. It's hard to think about that because it's so close. But I know it's the Lord's will, He's asked me to serve two years, nothing more, nothing less. I will make the most of it though! Buenos Nachos ;)

Love, Elder Caywood








No comments:

Post a Comment