Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rain...‏


It dumped yesterday! It just dumped buckets of water. We were eating lunch with a couple of other Elders and the water just started slamming on the door. There was so muich water that it actually blew the door open. Water was everywhere and then chunks of hail started falling. I wish I had a picture of the tree that was uprooted in out apartment complex and fell on a car. It was crazy. Crazy with craziness.

Well you may be wondering why I'm writing a day late. Well interviews were yesterday and Monday the library was closed Monday. Needless to say the extra day without rest has umm wore me out. it was hard and I thought I was going to fall asleep mid step. Dang altered schedule.

Some interesting how you say umm, marks have been hit. One of those was Last week when I hit 18 months as a missionary. It's really weird to think about that. It feels like I've been doing this forever. In reality it's only been a short year and a half since I have been removed from regular life. It's weird but I will make the best of the time I have left. Today marks 3 years since the day of my baptism into the church, yup it's official, I'm a regular in these parts now. It's kind of weird to think how different I am from then. So to make up for that I try not to think about it unless I talk to angry people on the street. "you guys are all the same! Brain washed!" "No I'm not I joined a few years ago" "Well did you study it!?" "Umm yes, for a while actually and I felt the Spirit and knew it was right" "Well you were taught what the Spirit feels like since you were little!" "No I wasn't I just told you I'ma convert dude" "ARGH!" Then they walk away everytime or tell me that there is a special place in hell reserved for me. It's amazing how "nice" people can be.

This weekend was General Conference and I think I got more out of it everytime. I ebnjoyed President Ucthdorf's advice in the first session, about sticking to fundamentals. It's so true! Why do we talk about such big over your head stuff, when we can get things like repentance down! I enjoyed it and would expound more but lacking the time to do so.

Last night we set a baptism date for the 30th of October with a kid named Miguel. He's super awesome and is doing well. He paryed at the end of the lesson and it was so sincere. I loved it! Many more miracles are on the way. We're going to try to set a few more baptism dates this week and I'll let you know about it.

This week I also got to do an exchange on the Salt River Pima Indian Reservation. I can't believe that something that different is close! We had a blast and talked to a lot of people and the Elder I was with(Elder Harper 4 months in the field) helped me out a lot. I went to For McDowell a little community by Scottsdale, it was cool and a little rural(reminded me of Snowflake!) It's so awesome to help out the missionaries and to learn from them as well! Well this letter is long later. Love, you, bye...

Love, Elder Caywood
























No comments:

Post a Comment