Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Farewell Elder Robertson‏

Today is Elder Robertson's last P-day which is actually quite strange. I don't really understand it. I don't what it'll be like when he's gone cause he's always been around. I don't know, I'm at a loss for words. He was in my first area in the district as a wee 6 month old missionary. Then he got transferred to my same zone in my 2nd area and then we were companions for 5 months and worked miracles. Now finally he is in my district down here. So, what I'm trying to say is he is one of my most favorite people in the world and I don't know what I'll do when he's gone (eh, that's a lie I'll just do missionary work it helps me cope) But that's what today has been like.

The week seemed to go a little slow. I'm way tired, I don't know why. I think the medication I'm on just makes me a little drowsy which isn't good because being a missionary makes you a little drowsy. I can just say after I walk off the plane the first thing I'm doing is hibernating for about 3 days. Then going on a diet, I decided I'm just going to eat what I want for the rest of my mission, there's no hope, I mean we're fed dinner every night. So why fight it anymore! Yahoo!!! :D I love desserts every night mmm.

This week we had a bit of a hard week but we did have that baptism date that we set, we're teaching him again tonight. We got really close with a girl named Lorraine who we are praying for a lot. She's about 17 and a senior, she's super close to being baptized. We're trying so hard! She's incredible and she's like me getting introduced by friends from school (the only difference is she's a girl and she's actually cool unlike me... I am the epitomy of weird!) but nonetheless she just needs a few more answers and a little more faith. Thursday we're teaching a kid named Alex, he is Darlene's grandson, he asked us the other day "can I fall in the water too?" I said "Sure why not?" So we're going to set a baptism date with him as well. So as you can see things are picking up in my little slice of Mesa.

Transfers are next week and I can officially say that I have no idea what is happening. I really don't know where I could be going. But I'll let you know with any juicy details that are happening next week. I really have loved this area. It was hard at first and we had to work our hardest and continue to have to work our hardest to keep it going. I love it though. The people are phenominal and so loving. I really do feel at home even if the kids in our apartment complex scream obscenities until the wee hours of the morning. I still love it here. We have seen so many miracles that have strengthened my testimony of God so much. Miracles have not ceased only fatih has, we have to look for miracles, I know they are there though.

The last thing I'll say whas I got to go on a way awesome exchange with our zone leaders. It was fun and we worked really hard. We had quite a few awesome street contacts and taught some cool lessons. Except for one, we were teaching this one guy named Robert and we were a little concerned when he said he had a legal gaurdian (because he's like 50) after we said a prayer and he asked if he could go take a nap, it was so funny. That night I got to interview a lady for baptism, her name is Jennifer. She was super nervous, like super. I sang her a song to calm her down because she likes music. It worked out great because little funny things happened to calm her down during the interview (like our birthday being the same day). We're going to take Lorraine to the baptism so she can see what one is like. At the end of the night I have to say I'm sure glad I'm not a zone leader, they are so busy and so tired all the time.

Well thats all I got. Love you, BYE!

Love, Elder Caywood













No comments:

Post a Comment