Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The 4th Part Deux‏

Well this week was semi eventful...*cricket*. I mean holy junk it was crazy fun! We had a lot happen this week but the most significant of it all was meeting the new Mission president. President Ellsworth is incredible. You can feel the Spirit that he carries. He's probably a little scared of being a new mission President but the Spirit that he carries is awesome and honestly a little contagious! I loved it, and he brought Ice cream for refreshments which is A-OK in my book.

No baptisms this past week(boo) but we're having one next week(yay). This one is for Katie who I believe I've talked about quite a bit. She's really awesome! She has read more of the Book of Mormon than any person I've taught. She has just cleaved to the gospel as soon as heard it. Its so impressive to me to see how much she has learned so fast. The one thing that is scary to us is that she could possibly be evicted tomorrow. We had a fast for her on Sunday and she feels confident that she'll pull out of it. She said something very profound the other day about the entire thing. She said "You know I believe the Lord will help me out, I don't believe miracles have ceased I just think the faith of people have ceased and people try to justify miracles when they happen." I don't know how long our jaws were on the floor but it was a while. She's awesome! When we went over her program yesterday we asked her who she wants to baptize her, she asked me to do it. She said I was the person who made the biggest impact on her. So good!

As I said we got to meet President Ellsworth. We met 3 of his kids(there are more I can't remember how many though). We got to listen to each of them speak and I wrote down memorable quotes from each of them. They are all awesome. Then we heard from sister Ellsworth. She is very spiritual but she's also hilarious it's so awesome! President Ellsworth is definitely the man for the job if any can continue the path that President Bassett blazed its that man. They are from Carey, ID which is a little town of about 600. So it's quite the change to come here in the Valley of the Southwest sun. I'm excited to get to know them better.

On Saturday we set a personal best for street contacts. My district leader and I had 103 street contacts in one day. It was so crazy! I broke my bike kind of I bent the front rim so I'll get that fixed when i can. I can still ride it. It just looks ghetto. For the 4th we didn't do much. There were a lot of drunken parties going on so we didn't know what to do. We had dinner at a recent convert's house and that was a blast. So much fun! We had some of the best steak I've ever eaten. Well I think I'm out of things to say. LATER!!!

Love, Elder Caywood!






No comments:

Post a Comment