Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tanned Arms‏

Well I have the worse farmers tan I've had since I played football except for I don't have it on my legs. Its amazing how white your legs will get after a year and a half wearing nothing but pants(obviously we wear more than pants but I thought I'd clarify just in case). This week has been way fun. We didn't teach as many investigators as would have liked but we've had some good experiences. We're going to focus on getting the members more excited about missionary work. We're going to a try a few things. Like more innovative dinner lessons and being as involved as we can while still working our hearts out.

Haha, I have to say my heart will always have a special place for Arizona. It's way awesome. It's like someone through my heart into a cactus and when I pulled it out it was forever stuck with cactus spine. YAY. Isn't that a cheery subject. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love me some Arizona! I guess it's been too long since I've tasted the sweet crisp air of Colorado. The hot dry desert is what's fillin' my lungs at the moment.

The week started relatively slow. Not a whole lot of people outside. All of our investigators seemed to have either A. Been baptized or B. Not progressing. We met with Katie again. She finished the Book of Mormon again(this time it took her about a week and a half). She said "my favorite was Alma and then I got to Moroni!" That was exciting to see how much she loves it. She told me that I was the major part of why she started taking us seriously. Before she never really acknowledged missionaries and would ignored them when they pass by. But she said that the way I presented it was so powerful to her that she began to feel it was true. she said I got transferred from snowflake when I did to teach her the gospel. Which may be true. We'd never met her before and she was the first lesson I ever taught in this area. It's sweet I hope to teach the rest of her family too soon.

Saturday was nuts. We ended up having 153 TTI's(or street contacts) and we still managed to have 3 lessons 2 new investigators, dinner, lunch, and 2 correlations. It was so crazy and a lot of fun. We went on a triple exchange(using 3 companionships equaling 3 missionaries each in 2 different missionary areas). We had so much fun. I had Elder Moore with me who I knew up north and Elder Bruton who is a greenie(being trained). we ended the week with 334 TTI's. It was nuts. We also ended up teaching 5 new investigators over the past 2 days. Yahoo!

This week is transfer news week. We'll know what's happening on Saturday. I honestly have no clue as to what could happen. The most likely would be Elder Henderson leaving but I think the chances are just as high of me leaving or of us staying together. We'll see what happens, which means I'll probably be on late emailing. Hope your week rocked like mine!

Love <3>



















No comments:

Post a Comment