Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Harvest of Hard Work‏

Well its transfer P-day but Elder Henderson and I didn't get transferred which means theres like no one here at the library. Which is way good because this place can get crowded with up to 60 missionaries or more at a time. Which can mean if you are not here at 10 on a Tuesday that means you probably won't be seeing a computer until about noon. But today that is not the case. Of the around 9 companionships in the zone, all of them changed except for us and the Spanish elders. On a delightful note, Elder Robertson(my last companion) is being transferred here in the district. We'll be serving essentially right next to each other and we'll serve in wards that border each other. Elder Robertson brings something unique to the district which I believe will boost the work significantly. But we are seeing miracles ourselves.

We will be having a baptism every week for the next 3 weeks which is exciting. We're hoping to be having a 4th on by the end of the transfer. This weekend is going to be awesome. We're having the baptism of Cecilia. She is an ordained minister and has started two churches of her own. Its been a privilege to teach her and I've learned a ton from her. She asked me to baptize her which means a lot. I'm quite excited it's going to be a great weekend. It's amazing the ways things turn out. I can't quite explain them but I know one thing the Lord has a way of doing things and I have no complaints about it all I can do is try my hardest and he'll provide the rest.

I may have mentioned last week our teaching doubled. For the entire transfer we led the zone in street contacts, we ended up with 1121 people TTI'd(Teach, Testify, and Invite). We also took this area which had very little going on to something much more. We haven't dropped below 20 lessons taught in over 3 weeks and its only getting better. Yesterday Elder Henderson and I kind of hit our stride. We were talking to people and it was powerful and we were teaching people and it was powerful. The Lord is going to bless us hardcore this transfer I know it. Its gonna be sweet y'all!

I think about 20 missionaries finished their mission today, including my past companion Elder Miner and my beloved zone leader Elder Stewart. But alas their memory will live on they were great missionaries. But a lot of new missionaries are coming in and my MTC companion Elder Paiz is training! Elder Paiz is a stud. No doubt!

Well I'm running out of things to say. Its been cooler this week but I don't know how long that'll last but regardless I'll be on my bike cooking(sizzlin' bacon... delicious). Well Laterz.

Love, Elder Caywood





No comments:

Post a Comment