Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Spirit of God like a fire has spread‏

This is going to be a fun themed email because I am quite excited. This week was awesome best week I've had missionary wise post Elder Yates. We taught a lot of lessons had over 100 street contacts for the first time here since April and the area is picking up with 2 count them 2 dates for baptism! One of the dates is for the 14th for a woman named Sister Valenti. She should probably be nominated for one of the coolest people on the planet. She is humble, sincere, funny, and mostly awesome. I'm excited to continue to work with her.

This week was really fun. We actually had someone come to church finally. I feel rejuvinated finally I'm working and its paying off. I just hope I don't get transferred in 3 weeks. I want to be here until Christmas. I've worked too hard here to be shipped off just as things began to pick up.

Tonight is the Halloween party for one of our wards. I want to have a Superman cape but am debating whether to do it. I'll be talking all night. I may also sing a song. I wrote it as a rip off as one of the church's children songs called "I like to look for Rainbows" mine is called "I like to look for pumpkins. It should be really fun.

Last Saturday was a lot of fun. In the morning we helped one of the church members move out. He was going to Utah with his family. He said "Boys this is the piece that needs to go out first". He then directed us to a piano which he explained was 114 years old and 600 lbs made of solid oak. Now there were only 4 guys to move this thing. We got it to the ramp and saw that it was maybe 3 or 4 feet tops wide. I got the glory of being at the bottom of the ramp pushing it up(I was the only one on said ramp). That was the flimsiest sheet of middle i have ever seen. As I heard It creak I thought this is going to fall on my legs and snap off my shins making me 5'7 instead of 6'4. But luckily it held barely.

I got to go to a baptism for someone I taught who moved away. His name is Roy and he's 71 years old. It took some effort but he finally held through to the end. Awesome guy hilarious we had a good time with him Saturday.

Last night we lit a bonfire for Elder Hunt's 21st birthday. It was funny and hot. I got some really insane pictures.

Well thats all I got laterz.

Love, Elder K-Wood























No comments:

Post a Comment