Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Picture Christmas!‏

Oh boy it's Christmas down here in the valley of the sun. Last year it was a little different because last year I was in Snowflake. Which meant snow during Christmas. Granted there wasn't a lot but there was some and remember being negative 10 degrees and then opening presents and stuff. This year is much different because in the valley it never snows. It's really weird it doesn't feel like the Christmas season is here at all but then I remember and see all the wonderful lights and stuff and it's pretty sweet.

I got to say it's been a pretty eventful week. I can't remember all of it but I remember that it was pretty eventful. Let's get started, I guess I'll try to recount all the things that have happened since. I'm now training again as I mentioned in my email last week. It's been good but a lot of stress is involved in that. Not so much from the missionary (in fact he makes things easier because he's way sweet) but the circumstances. I think I mentioned last week that we split our area over here. That has a lot of things to it. Getting new Elders settled and helping them out with their area along with taking care of your own area. We are temporary housing right now which is hard because we could move any day. That means all mail for me and my companion have been held in the mission office for over a week now. *sigh* it's rough but awfully rewarding. Even after the split right now we have 5 people with a baptism date. It's pretty sweet, one is for the 18th and two for the 25th and 2 for the 8th of next month.

One of the people we are teaching is named Joann, and she's so cool. We taught her the 1st lesson and went rather deep into the apostasy (not something I have to do a lot of) it was kind of cool because I got to teach a lot about the history behind it and why the Restoration was needed. She accepted a date on the 8th of January. We are also teaching a family of 8. They are in a hard situation but we love them so much. I pray a lot for the family and feel a connection with them. I hope that we can help them I know that we can do our best for them.

Well I don't have an incredible more amount to say, my companion's name is Elder Tanner and he is from Bountiful, Utah. He's really a cool guy. He's soft spoken, kind of funny, and humble. Like way humble, I love it. He's so great! He's originally from Russia which is sweet. I'm blessed to have him as a companion and I'm expecting to work miracles with him. He potentially could be my last companion. The district is sweet, and we are one of the highest teaching districts in the mission we average about 50 investigator lessons a week as a district which is cool. It makes me feel inadequate sometimes because all these missionaries are so amazing. I'm grateful to be a leader and learn from them.

Well I better go, if I forgot anything of importance I apologize.

Love you bye,

Elder Caywood










No comments:

Post a Comment