Tuesday, May 4, 2010

You're a Stranger Here‏

Well I'm currently in the Mesa Public Library roasting like a hot dog in a gas station, an old hot dog... Well I've had an interesting week so I'll try to unfold it. I am now in Mesa and I'm cooking but its way good to see all the missionaries down here.

I found out I was leaving on Saturday, I couldn't sleep on Sunday it was hard to keep my mind off leaving this place which I love so much. I got up Sunday and prepared to what I assumed and was right to be a painful day. I got to share my testimony is Snowflake 4th ward and Taylor 5th and I essentially cried for 6 hours straight. We taught a few lessons and in the process said goodbye to quite a few people. That was so hard.

Monday I was well rested and still moving so I had a pretty good day and I got to say goodbye to most of the people that I needed to. Sister Yazzie and Sister Ollerton did one of the coolest things ever! They called all my recent converts from the Taylor 5th ward and then some of the people I was close to and they threw a party. We had food and socialized and then I played two songs on my ukulele. It was the most people I had ever played in front of in my life and to be honest I almost peed my pants(true story). But I did well and everyone said I did a good job. It was amazing to feel the love that they had for me and Elder Robertson. I love all those people so much and I cannot wait until I get to see them again. It will truly be a great day when that happens. I will visit there frequently after my mission is all said and done. I woefully packed until about midnight last night and then got up 5:45 to make two more visits. I saw Robert Yellowhair the famous painter who gave me some really cool stuff which I will tell you about on Sunday Mom and Dad. Then we saw the Yazzies, I love the Yazzies so much and I'm going to miss them terribly. I gave them my samurai sword to hold on to until I'm done with my mission. I gave Brother Yazzie a tie that I signed and then I gave them something kind of cool to remember me by.

The drive down was long and tiring, We got lost and showed up to transfers 45 minutes late which meant that I didn't get to say goodbye to any of the missionaries I knew they were long gone. But I did get to meet my new companion Elder Henderson, he's cool and from Utah(my first Utah boy in the mission field since the MTC) he's been out for 9 months. I'm going to try turn things around here and quick, it's going to be a blast. I'm down in West Mesa right now. Best way to describe it is there is a interstate or highway or something(whatever you call it) and right off of it is a Bass Pro Shop which is in the area I cover.

Well I think my time is far spent after an hour these computers just shut off so I'll try to send pictures but I only took like 3 this week so we'll see. LOVE YOU BYYYYYYEEYYYYYE.

<3 always Elder Caywood :D (it looks like a thirteen year old girl finished






No comments:

Post a Comment