Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Art of the English‏

Wow its amazing to be working this hard I don't even know what to do with myself. By the time we are done planning and everything in the evening its already time to go to bed. I'm so exhausted. I always imagined that this would be how it feels to be a missionary on a bike. We are working really hard and we are one of the top companionships in the area. We are still leading the area for street contacts. We had 230 last week. It was incredible but so tiring. To get the energy to talk to every person you see takes a lot. For the first few days I was here I did a lot of it. Elder Henderson had a rough transfer last transfer and wasn't overly excited about the area. But when I started flying out of the gates now he is talking to everyone too. We just need to fine tune our skills and things will blossom here I know it.

The district leader and zone leaders are pleased. We doubled our lessons from last week. Found some new investigators and things are looking up. We set 2 more baptism dates which brings are total to 3. We are hoping that things will continue to look up. You can see the wards are beginning to get excited. Which is so cool! We are speaking in every ward within the next month. Its the best way to talk to every member and say hey we are the missionaries are we are going to serve you in anyway we possibly can. Its awesome I love being a part of this and I know things will pick up! The life of Snowflake is coming down to Mesa.

The members are fun down here. I'm trying my best to just be kind, funny, and as personable as I can be to gain trust. They still say I look like a little kid but I'm so glad I'm tall otherwise there would be no hope! NO!!!!!! Pourquoi!?!?!?!?!?!? Its really cool because we seem to always show up in the right place at the right time. When people so they needed uplifting we somehow showed up. When people say they needed a blessing for some reason we were there right when they needed it! Woo hoo! So much goodness!

Our 3 baptism dates are John, Katie, and Cecilia. John is awesome he has done some things in his life that will prevent him from being baptized until September but he is solid. He knows much more about the church then I could ever hope to. He is going to be getting baptized on Sarah's birthday. We just need to get him there. Katie is a street contact from a bus stop. We taught her the first lesson and she said "that was the way I always thought it had happened, I didn't know whether or not the Lord's church was on the Earth" She is hooked on the Book of Mormon and is reading it almost every night. Cecilia is really awesome, she is brilliant. In fact in her lifetime she has created two churches and has been the minister for each of them, having huge congregations in each(no joke, she has a baptism date). She said the Lord told her that "it's time to come home you must be baptized the right way" Soon she found the Book of Mormon she won't leave the house without it. She is getting baptized in June. Miracles woo hoo.

I titled my email the way I did because we have one of the coolest members EVUR(I'm aware I spelled that wrong). His name is Brother Waters. He is from England. He is tight. He tells us all about life. He is teaching us how to be English because people around the world think England is alright and that America... Well isn't. He's teaching us little things in our speech such as "Morning Lads" or "Well that's alright". He said its the English way. He tells us all about life. For example yesterday I lost our cell phone. We went to his house to call around to see if we could find it. When he gave us a ride this morning he gave us his two cents about it. He said "In my day we had one phone and it was fastened to the wall, now we have 6 and it seems like 5 of them always end up in the bathroom" the he said "All the phones nowadays look like the remote you see, sometimes I'll be trying to change the channel and end up dialing up someone I don't want to talk to". He's so much fun.

Well this weekend is the Gila Valley Temple dedication. I'm excited because I've never seen a temple dedicated before. Its going to be sweet! Love ya bye.

Love, Elder Caywood






No comments:

Post a Comment