Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Missing Links‏

Well this week will be an interesting week. We are going to be having Leadership Training down in the valley. In fact it is happening right now as we speak. The thing is this training is preparing for the change in the MTC as of May when all new missionaries will be taught this new teaching style. That means all the missionaries that are out in the field need to receive this training. I do not fall under the category anymore. One thing is Salt Lake called and told us that we need to give the training to the missionaries who are not in a leadership position. Strike one. The next thing is the missionaries who haven't had the training need to receive it, I've already gotten it twice. Strike two. The last thing is I'm not going to be here when the change happens so they might as well prepare the missionaries who will be. Strike three and I'm out.

The reason why I titled this missing links is because many members of our zone have gone down for training and leaving us short handed on missionaries. It means a lot of exchanges and working like 3 areas at the same time. My companion fortunately stayed up here even though he didn't receive the training before but we still have to accommodate to a lot of missing Elders, that means tomorrow I will be sending a day out in Heber. Lots of fun.

I don't know what else to say, next week is our special fast for missionary work in the Taylor Stake I'm so dang excited for this! yahoo nothing like pouring out our spirit for so great a cause. I feel that this is going to be one of the major stepping stones to this area becoming really great. We taught a few more people this week. We have a few baptisms coming up that I'm excited for. Renata told us that her doctor said that she could be baptized and I'm excited that should be on the 19th. Amanda is doing really well as well. If you remember she's the Jewish person we are teaching. We think she feels pretty good about the 19th as well. she had been getting a lot of opposition from people at her work. She told a large group of her colleagues that she was going to show them by joining the Mormon church on the 19th of February. It was super cool! I'm excited for her, she just needs to quit smoking and she's ready to go. We've found quite a few part member families that have 9 years old that aren't baptized. We need to activate the families to insure that those children can stay active. In fact a lot of them are in one ward, and get this all three people in that ward that have a baptism date are named Ethan. It's so funny but awesome! I love this area and we are seeing a number of miracles. I've seen as we have been faithful that we have been blessed, and pretty much, that's sweet!

Well I better go, we have a crazy week planned ahead and I'm still trying to make sense of it, got to work my hardest and make the best of every moment I have left! Love you bye!

Love, Elder Caywood
































No comments:

Post a Comment